India (100% Remote) Duration:
6 Months + Role Summary
Our client requires a Business Analyst join their product team developing and supporting solutions within the reservoir engineering function globally within the company. The Business Analyst will join and existing, globally located team, to add additional BA capability in the eastern hemphispere. Role Responsibilities
• Elicits requirements at all stakeholder levels.
• Leads requirements workshops.
• Manages conflict resolution and achieves global consensus.
• Refines requirements to eliminate ambiguity, conflict and duplication.
• Understands system constraints and opportunities to inform design.
• Works with development, design and architecture on design options and potential systems and process solutions.
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
• Builds strong business intimacy with commercial partners at all levels.
• Manages relationships in a global team with a global user community.
• Provides issue diagnosis and resolution.
• Works closely and shares knowledge with other support teams across other functional areas.
• Analyses and clearly documents defects, minor enhancements and change requests.
• Supports the full project lifecycle including global delivery and Early Life Support.
• Provides quality assurance on analysis deliverables through peer review.
• Collaborates with test teams.
• Leads User Acceptance Testing.
• Leads business process workshops.
• Analyses and maps business processes.
• Identifies opportunities for process improvements.
• Analyses data flows and models data requirements.
• Understanding of data models and database design.
• Analyze and supports complex spreadsheets. Required Skills
- Be highly analytical – able to problem solve, able to absorb large amounts of detail and able to see the big picture. Be able to manage conflicting ideas and demands to provide clarity.
- Be a good communicator – able to deliver a message effectively and concisely at all levels, on both a technical and a business level. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and self-starting – able to work with little supervision and able to pick up new or unfamiliar concepts quickly. Be confident and demonstrate good judgement.
- Build team capability – build knowledge transfer artefacts and perform knowledge transfer. Be an excellent team player, with the ability to influence others to achieve success.
- Familiar with petro-technical software
- Practical experience of working in an iterative/Agile development environment (including sprint planning, daily scrums, reviews and retrospectives)
- Professional accreditation e.g. Foundation in Business Analysis or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis