UK or Europe Remote from Home with Occasional Office Visit Duration:
12+ months contractTravel Requirements:
Occasional visit to client’s premises in London Role Summary
The Digital Customer Identity & Protection portfolio is responsible for enabling application teams to drive their digital customer identity journey. This underpins the client’s digital products and services for customers, a driving force as they transition into an Integrated Energy Company.
In 2022, they are embarking on a journey to build a new Customer Identity Platform, migrating about 50 applications from the current platform, automating onboarding of new applications, and delivering self-service plug & play capability for the application developer community. They aim to deliver a best-in-class experience for customers, consumers, and our developer community.” They also prioritize privacy engineering, digital trust, and security engineering for the global Customer Identity Platform.
Our client is looking for a Platform Engineer to join them at this incredibly exciting time as they progress through building out the platform and ramping up the adoption & migration of product teams from the current platform. Role Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for leading the Run & Automate squad for the new Customer Identity Platform, focusing on SRE, innovation, and customer-centricity. This will include establishing working methods, runbooks, operating procedures, and team processes with our new supplier.
- Responsible for service reliability and following site-reliability engineering best practices: on-call rotations for services you oversee, responsible for defining and maintaining platform metrics.
- Aim to achieve Zero Ops, with regular patterns automation for recurrent issues.
- Focus on customer centricity and feedback loops as the Run & Automate team is the face to the developer community that relies on the platform. This will enable a continuous focus on learning & innovation, to deliver new patterns & features as we mature the platform.
- Primary focus on platform identity provisioning and configuration, including all supporting infrastructure.
- This is a hands-on role where you will have the opportunity to build out platform improvement features, observability, and automation, based on backlog items and feature requests from the product teams.
- Work with the business, product management, design, and software engineers to translate product requirements into platform delivery.
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership across platform engineering technologies.
- Builds awareness of internal and external technology developments.
- Adheres to and advocates for platform engineering best practices (e.g., technical design review, Internet protocols, security protocols, authentication protocols, coding standards, and reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, and operations)
- Actively contributes to improving developer velocity and product availability.
- Provide leadership to engineers, including suppliers, and ensure work is done based on team principles. Provide technical guidance, mentors others, and become a conduit to connect the broader organization.
- Drive automation of application deployments utilizing strategic patterns and DevSecOps-approved CI/CD pipelines.
- Define monitoring requirements e.g. system capacity & health indicators, and implement automated incident resolution solutions.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management, and deployment scripts and systems.
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested solutions that meet privacy and compliance requirements
- Proven experience with an identity provider - ForgeRock Identity Cloud or equivalent, e.g., Auth0 or Okta.
- Experience with Terraform for scripting in CIP components outside of ForgeRock e.g., in AWS
- Experience with continuous integration using a YAML-based CI/CD tool such as AzureDevOps, GitLab, or Git Hub Actions.
- Experience with a metrics or monitoring tool, including the ability to perform queries against observability data. Experience with tools such as Splunk and Azure App Insights.
- Experience in AWS administration for components such as SES, S3, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch, Lambda, and EC2, including environment or network issues
- Experience in Agile IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Experience with leading production support in a global environment, including technical incident resolution & playing the role of Incident Manager for critical incidents. You’ll have supported these production systems through on-call rotations.
- Knowledge or experience of identity authentication protocols, e.g., OAuth, OIDC and SAML
- Knowledge of Mulesoft in this role will be responsible for observability and CI/CD in relation to Mulesoft components in the platform eco-system
- Experience with Customer Identity & Access Management.