Location (Including Home Working Ratio)
: Houston (60%-40%)Travel Requirements
: 6 months +Role Summary
Our client, an Integrated Energy Company, is looking for someone with a strong geoscience background to provide expertise and support to an ongoing service in a central data team. You will be responsible for building, integrating, managing, maintaining and quality assuring datasets with the following requirements.Responsibilities
- Strong technical background in wells data generation capture and management.
- Including but not limited to Formation Pressure Data, Geomechanics, LWD, MWD, Wireline.
- Work with the relevant product owner to support the development of high-quality Well Delivery data products such as PPFG, Geomechanics, NDS/NPT, FPIT, etc.
- Strong technical skills to analyze and integrate data between Well Delivery data products to support safe and reliable well planning and operations
- Liaise with regions to gather PPFG and Geomechanics data, mainly North Sea and Angola.
- Extract the data using various methods as there are at least 3 types of Pressure book, format it and hand to data loaders.
- QC the data and fix any errors or mistakes that may be made such as wrong curve name or unit type being assigned wrongly.
- Generate post drill PPFG curves if needed and run Geomechanics tool if data is missing.
- Load original pressure books and populate all meta data to DocHub.
- Liaise with regions to gather NDS data from various sources, merge the data, strip out the non-geological NPT, check DDRs and CDRs for missing events.
- Investigate and provide all missing parameters such as lithology, hole size, mud weight and add them to the existing data.
- Format the data for upload to NDS Cloud and resolve any issues with the process.
- Work with the data managers to resolve issues, help them with their cleanup work and educate them about the nuances of the geomechanical data.
- Provide support to data managers (working other regions) who do not understand which curves to extract.
- Update metrics spreadsheet so that the PowerBi statistics displays show what has been gathered.
- Strong knowledge of Formation Pressure Data, Geomechanics, LWD, MWD and Wireline.
- Geoscience background and 10+ years of experience to support the development of data products.
- Strong Visual Basic/coding skills to be able to manipulate/restore Excel based tools/files to unlock the data.
- Experience interacting with internal customers and data specialists to collect and prioritize development requirements.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and technical credibility in dealing with end users and data product owners.
- Experience working in a team that uses Agile approaches: Scrum working practices.