Location (Including Home Working Ratio):
• Based in the UK – Expected to be in the office 3 days a week. The office is Douglas House in London and it is just north east of Paddington
• There is also an expectation that some travel to Sunbury will be required for occasional team meetings.Travel Requirements:
No travel outside of going to the officeDuration:
• 6-monthRole Summary:
As a Technical Business Analyst, you will support the Refinery business working in improvement, roll out of the refinery scheduling tool to the Refinery. Responsibilities:
• Acts as product SME for the product, developing a position as trusted advisor.
• Identify and document business requirements (As-Is & To-be), work with architect to determine feasible solution options and provide recommendation forward with options, pros and cons.
• Manage requirements through the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle through sprint
• Work with business to gather the requirements and formalize specifications for custom development.
• Provide support to issue raised through SNOW, resolve issues and ensure solutions are viable and consistent.
• Close alignment with Business and Scrum team to align on product roadmap, demand pipeline, capacity, and capability requirements.
• Support the creation and prioritization of technical backlogs.
• Ability to coach and mentor wider team – playing a key role in elevating the overall capabilities around the business domain and product knowledge.
• Manages multiple assignments while concurrently fulfilling on-going application support and maintenance responsibilities.
• Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products and services.
• Collaborate with other team to ensure infrastructure is secure and compliance.
• Experience with SCRUM or other Agile/Lean development methodologies.
• Must demonstrate the ability to think and work independently.Requirements:
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or IT (or equivalent) or applicable work experience
• Candidate must have 7+ years as Technical BA or similar experience
• CBAP or equivalent BA certification
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Experience in AWS, Azure, Service Now, WS Server 2019 and above
• Experience in design thinking from scoping unclear business requirements
• Strong communication and rapport building skills
• Excellent documentation skills to create clear business level definitions in diagrams and written form
• Excellent writing proficiency, visual design, and presentation skills and a willingness to work in team environments
• Understanding of standard business processes and data flow within a functional area.
• Good time-management skills
• Knowledge in Agile methodologies – Scrum and have experience working in sprint
• Must demonstrate the ability to think and work independently
• Previous experience working in Oil & Gas industry (nice to have)