An operator with a complex unconventional wells campaign needed to present an overview of SCADA derived drilling information performance, to allow the Drilling Technology Group to demonstrate the effectiveness of automation technologies.
Reduced the number of excel spreadsheets reporting SCADA derived drilling information. Arrive at a common medium for presentation and visualisation. Provide a single environment that allows each asset to learn and improve from each other and streamline the processes to drill wells.
- Consolidate the excel spreadsheets into one view as defined by the Drilling Mechanics Technology Group
- Provide a web based self service portal to be used by the Drilling Mechanics and Technology Group, internal customers and members of the Joint Venture.
- Provision of data snapshots, generated in real time by the automation system, and extracted in 12 hour aggregate views.
- Articulated performance improvements over manual drilling, estimating that the automated system could save 5% rig time on a typical deep water well.
- Rationalisation and automation of reports expected to save hundreds of man hours per asset per year.
- Improved business unit awareness of the benefits of adopting SCADA-drill as part of workflow and securing funding for Drilling Mechanics Technology Group.