Analyses of DDR (Daily Drilling Reporting ) for this operator identified errors , omissions and non compliance in the region of 30% - 40 % per daily submission. This resulted in poor partner perception, poor re use of data in planning subsequent wells and a general mistrust of the provenance of wells data in general. A team of remote data specialists were inserted in to the process to intercept the DDR and provide a QA / QC service.
- Find a low cost QA/QC service line to “wash “ both daily and historical data
- Created data standards and implemented a process that promoted data rigour at the well site.
- Ensure that data was of a quality to add value to consequent well engineering / planning
- Perform analysis and reporting depicting the quality of DDR data in the regions
Provided a team that was aligned with the timing of morning reporting. These were low cost professionals with a data in well engineering data. They created / worked with reference guides and standards that were created in line with the business. In fallow times between DDR reporting periods these individuals performed QA/QC on historic data sets both operations and engineering
- Improved the quality of morning reports within 6 months
- Created a data quality culture between rig, partner and asset
- Service line was dissolved after 18 months as data issues became minimal
- Inclusion of offset data became the norm rather than the exception in well planning workflow